Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Spiderwick Chronicles 2: The Seeing Stone


Daughter: They find an eyepiece that lets them see the invisible creatures that can harm them. Simon gets captured by little goblins (who are born with out teeth, but use sharp pieces of glass and stone as substitutes). Jared and Mallory are desperately trying to find Simon and run into a troll. They find him in a big cage hanging from a tree, but he is surrounded by goblins. How will they get him out? What will happen? Will they survive? (Well, at least we know they won't die yet, there are three books to go ...)

Dad: Griffins are cool. Hobgoblin spit in your eye lets you see the invisible world. Jaden comments that the only supernatural twin power he shares with Simon is the ability to wear the same-sized pants. I'm thoroughly enjoying these books.

4 comments:

Larissa Gordon said...

Hi- I love fantasy books, and heard about the Spiderwick Chronicles because they are doing a movie about it. I haven't seen the movie yet, but now that you say the books are so good, I think I'm going to try to read them! I will get the first one and then comment back to let you know how I like it.

I like how they are making movies out of so many new fantasy books since Harry Potter. Have you read the Dark is Rising? That is another fantasy series that I like that they made a movie out of.

Michelle said...

One of the coolest blogs I've seen in a long time---including my own! The Spiderwick Chronicles seem really cool---except the part about Goblin spit in my eye. Yuk. Gross. No thank you, please. But otherwise, I became really interested in the books because of the great reviews! I'll be keeping up with this blog because I really like the layout and the conversational style of what you both have to say.
Great job!

Karen said...

Nice job, guys! How is the reading happening? It looks like self reading taking turns with the book. Or are you reading aloud?

Looks so cozy.

Eric McCloy said...

We can read together or apart! Jay ILLs us two copies at a time.