Saturday, March 20, 2010

Percy Jackson & The Lightening Thief

Daughter: Now who was it that said that the Olympian gods weren't real?? OK now the gods are real now they are having half bloods. At least there aren't any children of the main three gods Hades, Poseidon or Zeus oops now that not true. nothing makes sense anymore. Well now I have to go kill Medusa not a fun job.

Dad: So here's Percy. Doesn't even know he's a demigod and suddenly he's accused of stealing Zeus's lightening bolt. The Lightening Thief is a fun, modern romp through Greek mythology. Half the time, I'm scratching my head wondering if I should know the story, the other half, I'm laughing out loud at the surprising twists.

Percy jumps from confusion to action, often quickly. Never a good student, he is often at a loss to recall what would help him most, but when it matters most, he's a half-blood of action.

And who knew Mount Olympus was on the 600th floor of the Empire State Building?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds fun!! Thanks for sharing!

justrose said...

My daughter is reading this exact book right now -- and she loves it! It sounds like this book was a cool way to get to know these very ancient and interesting characters!

Larissa Gordon said...

Ohh, i heard about that book. Did they make a movie of it also? Glad to know that you enjoyed it. I love when authors take things from history/mythology and use them in fun and interesting ways in their books. I always thought that was rather a creative thing to do!!